No photos today, but maybe we'll have some after our Bonfire Party this evening. We haven't got any real fireworks (that certainly wouldn't go down well with the neighbours), so Lucy and I have made some out of old toilet and kitchen rolls, bits of foil and coloured card. We do, however, have a few real sparklers somewhere and there will be a fire too - but no guy. It feels quite ridiculous explaining to the non-British people here exactly why we throw a fake person on a fire every year.
After writing the last post I knuckled down and finished my TEFL course. Now I'm looking at applying for official translator status. That will require going through a lot of bureaucracy and an exam, but it would be well worth it. Watch this space!
It's half term this week. Lucy has spent most of it in her pyjamas, but that's fine with us. Both she and I have needed the break.