15 February 2009

First ever school report













When I went to collect Lucy from the lunch club on Friday, she shouted across the room to me "Mummy, I got my report today. I'm really good!" It was the mid-year report, no grades, but lots of comments.

Well, modesty is something that develops with age (if at all), so maybe Lucy will be less public about her end-of-term report in July. It doesn't really matter though either way. She loves learning and was thrilled to get the maximum number of smilies for her reading, (w)riting and 'rithmetic. So, as she snuffles off to sleep this evening with the beginnings of a cold, I hope that she is ok in the morning for school, because she hates missing it.

Yesterday was not only Valentine's Day, it was also Mike's birthday. He was allowed to go off with some mates for a day's fast skiing, whilst Lucy and I were a trifle busy in the kitchen making party food for when he arrived home with said mates and their families.

Today the three of us went to Café Beethoven, a high-ceilinged café in a beautiful old building, a place with lots of history, live classical music but incredibly slow waiters. Ho hum. Mike and I enjoyed the atmosphere, but Lucy couldn't wait to go home again, unfortunately. She stuck it out for an hour and a half at least, and we sincerely hope her appreciation of culture will develop even quicker than her sense of modesty. Little mouse :-)

Blog Archive