15 March 2009

Sk8r girl













For some reason Lucy was intent on getting rollerskates instead of rollerblades. No problem as far as I'm concerned - rollerskates are much cheaper! While we were in town discovering that the shop didn't have pink skates in Lucy's size, Mike was walking up a mountain in skis with some mates and all the other ski touring fanatics around. Avalanche warnings had made this pretty much the only mountain that you could do a tour on this weekend.

Once we had the skates and various bits of safety padding (it's all under her clothes), Lucy set off to skate round and round and round and round and round the neighbouring streets. Just writing about it makes me feel dizzy. I borrowed some rollerblades from my friend, just to see if it was worth getting a pair. When I landed heavily on my behind at the first corner I decided perhaps it'd be best not to. Actually, I wouldn't mind a pair of rollerskates - fond childhood memories return to me whenever I see a pair.

Blog Archive