

If you live around these parts you need your winter tyres on the car and the snow chains in the boot, ready for any eventuality. We'll be needing them this weekend when we go up to a self-catering mountain hut for a friend's 40th birthday party. This morning the road up there was closed, but apparently you can get up there now with chains.
I've been working a bit too much for a bit too long and am currently recharging my batteries. I only give one English lesson a week for 60 minutes, and I'm spending my mornings writing for a publisher who's been a regular source of work for six years now, but that's all for the moment.
I've managed to swap my translating in the evenings for watching telly and crafting, and have been knitting, doing some patchwork sewing and making my own advent calendar and Christmas cards these last couple of weeks. It feels good to be picking up hobbies that have been neglected. It's nicer too to be able to give Lucy and Mike my full attention, bless 'em. I've also cosied-up the room in the attic - it's a bit rustic now and all red and white.