![]() |
| Snowpeople |
![]() |
| Belka's favourite scenery |
![]() |
| Welcome home |
![]() |
| A breath of fresh air |
I have been home just over a week now, so it's been two weeks since my accident and operation. My titanium implant, which has its very own passport for when I set alarms off at airport security, is trying to get settled into its new "home", but is often the cause of a lot of sensitivity. Thankfully, the sudden bouts of bad pain have diminished, and I get a better night's sleep now than I ever did beforehand.
I have been writing poems since having the accident. The most recent is from yesterday:
Lazy Sunday Afternoon
Been home a week now, all in all, and am healing nicely, too
The implant's causing me less gip, so I no longer feel so blue
At this rate it won't be long until I'm back upon my bike
And hubby's looking forward to when I can join him on a hike
I have to hop around the kitchen to get a bite to eat
It's often hard because the dog keeps getting under my feet
The crutches don't like to stay in the corner where they've been carefully put
More often than not they topple over and land upon my foot
Going down to the cellar and up to the attic works if I take it slow
I've been knitting lots and have also sat down at my machine to sew
I haven't managed to spend much time in front of the PC
I'm using my phone for internet stuff and writing poetry
Nevertheless, it's time to get back into working mode
The kids I teach have not long til their next tests, so I'm told
The editing work and other jobs are beckoning day by day
So I'm glad I work from home, I wouldn't want it any other way.



