02 February 2009

Our little ski bunny












Where does all the time go? I see it's ages since I last posted. We've just been to Mittenwald for the weekend to help a mate celebrate his 40th birthday. Although we were only away for two nights, it felt like a true mini-holiday in the company of several lovely international families and their kids.

Lucy, Mike and I all went skiing on Saturday. We've discovered that it's nigh on impossible to get skiing nippers off the piste and into a restaurant, where you can feed and water them sufficiently for them to have enough energy for the rest of the day. Mike had the same situation when he, Lucy, a classmate and his dad all went skiing in Unterammergau the previous weekend. The kids can't stop!

On Sunday we took our sledges up the Kranzberg on the single-seater chairlift and zoomed back down at such a horrific pace at times that all you could really do was laugh! The weather was wonderful and so was the food at the Kärntner Hütte. Would love to go back there some time.

Blog Archive