14 April 2009

Watery weekend












Easter weekend has been so amazingly sunny and warm. Our garden has exploded with flowers, the neighbours have come out of hiding, and we feel literally full of the joys of spring.

On Good Friday we walked to a waterfall with the Pages, taking every opportunity to get as close to the water as possible without actually being in it. We spotted a snake in the stream later on, so it was a good idea to stay on dry land!

On Saturday we really did get in the water when we went for a walk along the Isar and found a hidden beauty spot. Lucy waded into the water right up to her bellybutton, brave girl! I was more interested in the smooth, flat stones because I wanted to decorate them at home with pictures cut from serviettes.

An Easter weekend wouldn't be the same without a hunt for goodies in the back garden. And a cycle ride to the beergarden. And a trek down another gorge! Now Lucy and I are tucking into our stocks of chocolate whilst Mike settles back down into office life.

Blog Archive