04 October 2009

Another year, another Oktoberfest













Today, the Oktoberfest will end after having enjoyed two weeks of the best autumn weather we could ever have hoped for. But I met friends in one of the beer halls today and got such a headache after only one litre of beer that I had to come straight home!

The terrapins are both fine now and greet us every morning with a frantic dance in expectation of their breakfast.

School started two weeks ago and Lucy is settling down nicely. The class teacher would normally be the same one as in the first year, but Lucy's class got a new one and are more than happy to have her. I did lollipop-lady training in summer and can be seen in my reflective clothing at various junctions around Krailling helping kids to cross the road to school.

Mike has managed to tick off a few more peaks on his list of "mountains I really want to climb". He also took Lucy on a weekend with friends and their kids to do a bit of family hiking.

Blog Archive