


And with it come more holidays. I cannot wait. But first the half-term holidays: we went with friends to Ramsau in Austria for the third year running. It will be the last time because the kids and the cross-country skiers among us need more variety now. We took Mike out for dinner on his birthday and he provided the entertainment by wearing a chicken on his head. The fine thing this holiday was watching the Winter Olympics on TV in the evenings. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it.
I broke my ring finger on the Wednesday while trying to grab a moving drag-lift pole. Thank goodness I've always worn my wedding ring on the right hand like the Germans otherwise it would've been bye-bye to that! We spent all Thursday morning in the hospital, along with other folks who'd come a cropper on the ski slopes. I hadn't expected to get a plaster cast all the way to my elbow though. Fortunately, it was cut off the following Monday when back in Munich, and I just have a plastic support on the green and blue digit which will hopefully be ok again within 4 weeks.