29 June 2010

Disappointed, but at least summer is here





Well what a big disappointment the match was between England and Germany. Being only one of three English people in the beergarden during the match, I had to disappear inside at half-time to avoid the heckling I was sure would follow at the end of the match.

Then I had to take the England flag off my car and the other flag out of the upstairs window. And we are still fending off daft comments from neighbours and colleagues. Next time, lads, try a bit harder, ok? At least Lucy, Mike and I can support Germany now.

Thingummy and Wotsit are back in the pond and lapping up the sun's rays; Lucy seems to be finding a new mozzie bite on some part of her anatomy every hour or so (except at night); Mike's running shorts are getting shorter as the days get warmer and he's spent another night up a mountain; and I am really happy to be able to wear frocks for a change.

Ah, summer is here. Roll on those 34°C on Friday!

Blog Archive