


I think we were patting ourselves on the back for the first few years of Lucy's life for having made it through another year with our nerves in tact. Things are different now, though. I already have the feeling that she's changing every day. We are also being told frequently "I'm 8 years old now" and "I'm not a baby". Sometimes Lucy communicates with us in German whereas before, she wouldn't have even thought of speaking to us in German when nobody else was around. She's growing up, there's no ignoring it.Going out for hikes is still a little difficult though and is accompanied by plenty of grumbles. But when she makes it to the summit, like for all of us, it's always worth it. The photo shows Lucy with the Hochiss in the background. It's close to Achen lake in Austria.
We had a couple of Lucy's friends over yesterday for birthday cake and they brought their parents and siblings. It was a lovely afternoon and everyone had fun. Lucy's main outing will be this coming Saturday, weather permitting, to the fairytale theme park that we went to last year. It's a firm favourite among the local kids (and with Mike and me too!). Lucy specifically asked for a microspcope for her birthday, so we were happy to oblige. Mike went round the garden looking for suitable creepy crawlies for her to inspect, but I think the yuckiest he managed was a fly (thank goodness).
Wotsit went AWOL again 10 days ago. I am very disappointed and poor Thingummy is alone again :-(