07 June 2010

Sunshine at last!




Lucy has just trotted off for her first day back at school after two weeks' holiday. I'm never fond of this time: the Monday morning after a holiday when you have to go back to work and haven't really got the enthusiasm. Thankfully, it's bright and sunny outside, so both Mike and I can enjoy cycling into work now - one of the advantages of working close to home. Another thing I've noticed about good weather is that the schoolchildren are always quicker at getting to school. My lollipop-lady duty always ends 5-10 minutes earlier in good weather!

John and Rona have been over for their annual visit. The first day was so wet and grey, but gave us one of the few opportunities of seeing the river Isar at incredibly high levels and flowing rather wildly through the city, carrying tree trunks and all kinds of debris along with it. It was quite a spectacle.

On Saturday we took the cable car up one of the nearby mountains which overlooks Garmisch Partenkirchen and had a wander around the top in glorious sunshine. In the evening, we allowed Thingummy and Wotsit to enter the pond for the summer. Once they are in there I get a bit obsessive about looking out for them and making sure that they are all present and correct. I think they only have one thing on their minds when in the pond: escaping!

Blog Archive