15 September 2010

We are two!















We have had a wonderful week in England since I last wrote. The weather was great and we got a good dose of beach while we were there. Seeing Ed and Gareth was so much fun; spending days around Weymouth was very enjoyable: we went to a swan reserve amongst other things; and we used the few days in Salisbury to hop up the cathedral tower and then do some shopping. We enjoyed having Julia with us for a week. I've been giving her extra help in English for over 2 years and wanted to help her practise her speaking skills.

I began this blog when Lucy started school two years ago. She has just entered the third year of primary school and her class is now on its third teacher. Lucy is very happy about the new teacher, and her only concern about meeting the lady for the first time was "I hope she likes me." The boys in Lucy's class don't seem to be so thrilled, but that's because the teacher is stricter than the previous ones!

The new school routine needs to settle over the next couple of weeks. Mike has a calender full of meetings and trade fairs right up to Christmas, and the place where I work is also getting busy again. Oh, and the 200th Oktoberfest starts in just a week's time!

Blog Archive