05 October 2011

Bits and bobs




The last few weeks have included some interesting and fun experiences for Lucy. We did some dog-sitting, looking after Max, the Jack Russell for several days while our nieghbour was on holiday. In actual fcat, I volunteered that we would look after Max, but then I went to Salzburg with my knitting friends for two days and left Lucy and Mike holding the baby - or rather terrier.

Then Lucy camped with her classmates at a farm for 3 days. The photo is from the night-walk that Mike went along to help with. He slept in his bivvy bag among the kids' tents that night as part of the parent contingent. Lucy and every one of her classmates were exhausted after those three days!

We couldn't miss out on the Oktoberfest, so we took advantage of the lovely weather we've been having lately and went for a walk around at the Wiesn on Sunday afternoon.

Lucy's now in the 4th and final year of primary school. She got a fixed brace in place of the jaw expander on her upper teeth last week, and she continues to grow at a rate of knots. I imagine she will take after Mike where height is concerned.

So, to recover from all these whirlwind events, I am disappearing off to Majorca for 4 days to sit in the sun with my dad and Stella. Phew!

Blog Archive