11 February 2014

More books sold!

I suppose I'll never be as famous or successful as J. K. Rowling or Hilary Mantel, but my little False Friends book has, at the last count, sold 3,243 copies. I must say, I'm quite proud of that. I wonder if I've actually made a profit yet? I really should have recorded those hours I spent bent over the keyboard, shouldn't I? I'll know better next time.

Next time? Hmm. I don't think I'll venture into such a project again. It's hard enough writing a few pages for the English-learners magazine I work on. Besides, I'm too busy knitting - and catching up on episodes of Borgen and Downton Abbey.

Mike has been up a few more hills. I'm quite concerned that this blog is going to turn into an album of summit crosses, but since Mike's 50th is looming, and 50 summits being his goal for himself this year, I shall humour him a while. Incidentally, the Germans would say in English that it was Mike's "own goal", without realizing the pun.

Mike says, "While England is being battered by storms and Austria is sinking under huge snowfalls, Munich remains unseasonally mild and snow-free. So I have to head off to the mountains to find a bit of snow. It's still thin enough for me to bag plenty of summits and occasionally provides some nice views. Steph and Lucy generally prefer to sit in front of our fireplace, knitting (Steph) and watching the winter Olympics (both)."

Zwieselberg crosses



Bleick and Hoernle crosses


Blog Archive