![]() |
| Gorgeous blooms |
![]() | |||
| Beautiful close-up |
![]() |
| A hydrangea for Jane |
Our garden is a huge source of pleasure for Mike and me. Lucy isn't at all interested, because it's too far away from the TV! So I watch lovingly as the plants grow and the flowers bloom. And Mike enjoys taking a pair of clippers to whatever happens to be straying on to the garden path.
This afternoon I discovered the domicile of the thousands of ants that are currently crawling all over our patio. There's a large-ish hole in the ground underneath the mat just outside our patio door. It'll be interesting to see if the old baking powder trick works - I've just tipped a whole packet around the entrance to their nest.
The peonies have finally forgiven us for uprooting them several times since moving into this house. First I asked for a little seating area in their corner, then we changed that into a pond area, then the pond needed reinforcing to stop our naughty terrapins from escaping. So the fact that we are now looking at these wonderful blossoms is a blessing.
I asked Mike if we could plant a shrub in memory of Jane. He dug out two overgrown ferns and I replaced them with a pink hydrangea, which I hope will eventually flower for several months at a time.


