 |
| Dog training |
 |
| Out and about |
 |
| Spring flowers |
The snow has already gone, but I am a bit late uploading these first two photos. We are a little envious of the next-door neighbours who have crocuses poking out of their lawn in various places, so we intend to plant some in our lawn in autumn ready for next spring.
Belka has been with us for two months and she is now showing her true colours. Being a mongrel, she probably has quite a lot of breeds in her, but one thing is now clear to us: she is primarily a herding dog by nature. This poses us with a few challenges: she needs a lot of exercise, a lot of mental stimulation and a firm hand whenever cyclists, joggers, cars, or anyone or thing comes along that she feels could endanger her herd (i.e. us). She also displays certain herding behaviour, such as nipping at our heels to try and keep us together whenever one of us leaves the room. Luckily, we have a good trainer at hand, as well as a course at the dog school. One thing is clear: life will never be boring with Belka.
I've had some very interesting translation jobs since January, and English training is in high demand at the moment, so I am not bored. Lucy gets plenty of homework, so she isn't bored either. Mike is taking advantage of opportunities to go ski-touring, and otherwise enjoys taking Belka on long walks or simply an evening warm-down before she flops for the night. I thought I was the one born to sleep, but Belka is basically done for the day by 8 pm! It's a dog's life...