 |
| Mike's hiking companion |
 |
| Don't ask |
Mike has been hiking with Belka again, this time up the Hoher
Fricken near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It was higher than her last summit. She dragged Mike up the 1,250m of ascent (higher than Snowdon) in
only two hours and also ran most of the way back down. It looks like Mike
has finally met his match and will have to maintain his level of fitness if he's to keep up with her. Lucy and I find it really strange to be at home with Belka absent, but we know she's out having a brilliant time.
I had a few gripes about putting the second photo onto the blog, because apart from the tadpole I find it a bit repulsive. Mike, however, gets rather excited by nature, so I have given in. His tadpoles are developing nicely, one of them now has four legs. Mike believes that Belka may have been inspired by his love of creepy-crawlies, as she has also been bringing little animals home from her walks in the fields and woods. I detected and removed the tick in the middle picture while it was still small (approx. 1mm); the one on the right had been on Belka a couple of days and had puffed up to several millimetres long.