![]() |
| The gro-bag inhabitants |
![]() |
| Various other yucky creatures |
![]() |
| Phew - something pretty at last |
I (Mike) reckon all our readers will be dying to know what has happened to his kitchen pets (see blog post from 17 May 17). Well, the white grubs encased themselves in egg-like shells made of soil, in which they metamorphosed into yellow creepy-things and then emerged as handsome, shiny green disco beetles (we made that name up because we don't know the real name). Isn't that exciting?
The tadpoles we had turned into froglets, of course, which we put into our pond. We never saw them again, so either they hopped away or became terrapin food.
The nymph unfortunately didn't survive in the kitchen, but obviously several others did in the pond, as there are now several empty cases adorning the wire around the pond. We have seen several dragonflies around, but I haven't managed to photograph them. So to make up for that I have added extra photos of the baby spiders in our living room and of ticks we found on Belka, before and after feeding.


