07 September 2015

Norway in a Nutshell

Buildings in Oslo and Bergen

Landscapes

Norwegian sculptures
Lucy had to do a little persuading to get her dad to take her to Norway for a few days, but once he'd agreed, they came up with a tidy plan: fly to Oslo, take the Norway in a Nutshell trip to Bergen and back by train, bus and boat, then one more day in Oslo before flying home. Easy!

Mike and I did the same trip years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, Mike having been to Norway already in his childhood. A daddy-daughter trip seemed like a great idea and I'm happy that they had such a good time. Lucy was most impressed by Oslo, especially the architectural delights of the posh and expensive end of town!

Belka and I had a relaxing few days together at home, going for our usual walks and sleeping lots. A camping trip was planned for this week, but the weather has turned chilly, grey and wet, so none of us fancy getting the tent out. We've got several day trips organized now instead.

Blog Archive