08 July 2017

What a hot week!

A gentle hike to a birthday party
Taken at Mike's company's summer party yesterday
Saturday 8th July
This appears to be the year when quite a few of the people I know (including myself) are turning 50. We were invited to two such parties recently. The first took place in a hut in the mountains above Tegernsee. Antonella, the birthday girl, was extremely generous and provided food, (plenty of ) drink, and beds for the night. Mike's good at getting up really early to catch sunrises and hike up nearby peaks, but I'm not. So I quite appreciate seeing the photos he's taken.
Another friend, Amanda, who I hadn't seen in ages, now lives in Lenggries and organized a ceilidh for her 50th. That was a superb event, too, and we were able to spend another night away from home.
Today, like several days already this week, it was over 30°C and very humid. We didn't want to loll around the house, though, so we took Belka out for some shady-ish walks and she also got a dip in the river to cool off.

Blog Archive