14 October 2017

Autumn breaks

Salisbury
Majorca
The hunting and fishing museum!
We have taken it in turns to dog-sit while the other goes on holiday with their parents. Two weekends ago Mike visited his parents in Salisbury and had a lovely time. He always likes visiting Salisbury Cathedral, and was also introduced to the garden wildlife, including a fairly tame robin and a spider with an impressive web. They also walked around Langford lakes, where they spotted geese, great crested grebes, cormorants and an egret.

Majorca was less hot than in past visits though still very pleasant, and I experienced quite a downpour for the first time on the roads there. I can't remember the last time I got so wet on a bike. My dad is still very fit, but he is good at keeping a pace that's manageable and I throughly enjoy going out with him.

While I was in Majorca, the weather in Krailling was rather rainy, so for his animal spotting Mike went to Munich's hunting & fishing museum instead of the mountains. There he got good close-up views not only of deer and wild boar, but also the rare Bavarian "Wolpertinger". The hedgehog on the right is really alive. It lives in our street and often visits neighbours' gardens. It was just outside our house when Mike went out to walk the Belka the other evening, and seemed to get stuck when it tried to squeeze through a fence.

Blog Archive