 |
| Another hike |
 |
| Guess the animal |
 |
| Icy scenes |
After asking the previous week for 600 metres, I decided this time to commit myself to 700 metres of ascent. As usual, Mike had a couple of suggestions, the nicest of which was to drive to Linderhof palace and hike up to the Pürschling hut. It was another super hike, with frosty bits and some steep bits. The path was also unnervingly narrow at times.
We ate our sandwiches outside the hut, which was closed up already for the winter. It was pretty chilly there, so I was happy to get moving again. Belka doesn't like hanging around, so she was keen to trot off, too. I said yes to Mike's suggested route back down (as opposed to going back down the way we had come), without realizing just how long it would be. It
really is time I learned to read a map. I was pooped by the time we reached the car and was so happy to get a cup of coffee and a slice of apple strudel to warm up with.