I have been feeling extremely sorry for myself. Last week I caught a cold and spent a whole day sneezing. The day after that I had muscle ache from the sneezing, and then the cough started. I was almost going to cry off our weekend away. I'd have hated to miss the fun though.
Lucy has now got four days of school under her tiny belt and seems to be enjoying it. She proudly announces she has homework to do, and gets slightly miffed if she feels she hasn't learnt anything at the end of her day. She does appear to have a fear of meeting new people though. Tomorrow she'll start going to lunch club after lessons until 2.30 pm.
Anyway, we have just done an overnighter at a rather upmarket
mountain hut with two other families and one child each. It was great. It's amazing how a game of hide-and-seek, a packet of felt-tipped pens, the odd slug, and a silly adult or two can keep kids entertained for 36 hours.
mountain hut with two other families and one child each. It was great. It's amazing how a game of hide-and-seek, a packet of felt-tipped pens, the odd slug, and a silly adult or two can keep kids entertained for 36 hours.
Unfortunately, the hut had a dog and a cat, so my coughing quickly became coughing, sneezing and wheezing. I need to stock up on tissues!