06 October 2008

Cheerio Oktoberfest

Hard to believe I only made it once to the Oktoberfest this year. The weather was so rotten a lot of the time that the owners of the carousels, rollercoasters and other rides are complaining about huge losses in takings this year.

Grandma and Grandad have just been for a flying visit. We made good use of the long weekend by doing lots of walking - locally, around the city (see Treasure Chamber below left) and through the Oktoberfest. My hips are aching now!

Thingummy and Bob, our terrapins, are sitting in their artificial sunshine at this moment with legs outstretched and blissful looks on their little reptile faces. How I envy them. Note to self: must ask Mike for a sauna for Christmas .....
I've got back into knitting now that the temperature has dropped. I finished a tanktop (left) within a week, and finally sewed buttons on a sleeveless jacket in Noro that I finished knitting ages ago. Now I need a new project for my Stitch and Bitch evenings.

Blog Archive