20 January 2011

A nice start to the year



It's the 20th of January and I'm still saying happy new year to people. The kids went back to school relatively late (11th) and it seems that February will be upon us before I can get used to writing '2011'.

Lucy has settled back really nicely into lessons and greets me with a big smile when I pick her up from lunch club, whereas before Christmas I was constantly met by a frown and a "Mummy, you're too early. Why have you come so early? I'm not finished yet!" The lunch club is great; the kids get a meal, time to play, time to do homework and generally chill out after their lessons.

This week I gave the final touches to the manuscript for my book, False Friends in Business English, a guide specifically for German speakers learning English. It is now being looked after by the layouters, will then go into print, and on the 23rd of February it will go on sale. How exciting is that?

I began teaching again for the first time in two-and-a-half months. It'll just be 2 x 60 minutes a week for the next while; I'm otherwise working comfortably from home doing translations and a little writing and proofreading, til Lucy comes home and gets my full and undivided.

Blog Archive