The daytime temperatures have fluctuated a lot - typical June. So I was very happy to see that Monaco had a lovely sunny day for the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene. I thought it was even better than William and Kate's, and that's saying something! Whilst I was glued to the TV, Lucy and Mike did some running together.
Lucy spent the Whitsun holidays going to a play scheme a couple of villages away and thoroughly enjoyed herself, while Steph stood in for a colleague at work and put in some additional hours. At the end of June, Steph appeared for the first time in the exercise booklet that accompanies the Spotlight magazine for which she now does freelance work.

When the weather was bad recently, Mike stayed at home and helped Lucy to bake biscuits. And when the forecast got better, he went off the the mountains near Berchtesgaden for a 2-day hike over the Steinernes Meer (the stony sea). Despite cold, sleety, windy weather (so much for the forecast!) he had a fine time and brought back pictures of fjord-like lakes, limestone pavements and, yes, more animals.
