10 October 2012

The magic of the woods

It's not often that you see a toadstool (or fairy) ring, but Mike spotted one in local woods recently and urged us to go and see it. That's a part of it on the left. With a diameter of approximately 6 metres, it's very impressive. It is so wide, that it won't fit into a single photo.

There are so many different types of fungus and mushroom in the woods around us right now. The locals seem to have a good knowledge of what's edible, and we frequently see people carrying baskets among the trees, out on their mushroom-gathering trips.

Lucy is beginning to settle at secondary school. It has meant a different routine and, inevitably, more homework. I don't know who's finding the change harder, though: Lucy or us. The last three weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions. Half-term isn't far off though, and Lucy and I will be flying to England to visit family in the northwest. Above all, I need to stock up on teabags!

Blog Archive