30 December 2012
A mild Christmas
We opted for venison on Christmas Day. It took over an hour longer to roast than expected, so we managed to fit in a few family phone calls and also a Skype call before tucking in to lunch. I forgot to buy sprouts, but nobody except me seemed to miss them.
We couldn't just spend all say indoors, though. Thanks goodness for Mike, who lovingly pushes us out the door into the fresh air at every opportunity. We drove a few minutes down the road for a short walk to look out over Starnberg lake and the mountains. One could call it the Munich pendant to the Salisbury constitutional across the Downs.
Although there is little snow locally, there was plenty in Seefeld, Austria, yesterday, where we spent the day skiing with friends. The sun was out and we had a great time weaving down the slopes. Snow brings a lot of inconvenience to a lot of people, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to our winter holiday mid-February, when I hope there will be lots of the stuff.

