17 February 2013

In arrears

Winter scenes
Sledging
Falling over
Skiing in Kleinwalsertal
Lucy's cave

I'm terribly behind with uploading these photos and feel very guilty. Mike takes such trouble in putting the scenes together, and I am far too good at getting distracted when I sit at the computer. Hence the delay. But here we are: lots of snowy pictures from January and February.

For the seventh year running now, we've been on a half-term skiing holiday with our friends - two other families with two children each. We share a large, self-catering mountain hut and take it in turns to cook for each other. The nice thing about this year was that Mike's birthday was during the holiday, so he got lots of hugs from everyone. He's extremely popular as an entertainer during our weeks away: ask the kids what they enjoyed most about their holiday and they will all answer "Silly Mike". It's very sweet. The kids are already looking forward to next year at the same hut.

Lucy skis better each year. She's gone from snow-ploughing down the slopes to doing some lovely parallel skiing. I am so envious. Twenty years have passed since I started skiing and I've nowhere near as much style as my daughter.

Thingummy and Wotsit have been resting in the cellar since December, at temperatures of between 9 and 12 degrees. They seem to wriggle around more when I go in now to check on them, but they aren't due to come out of their semi-hibernation for another couple of weeks. I'll be glad when it's time for them to get back into the aquarium.

Blog Archive