 |
| Summit crosses |
 |
| Karwendel trek |
 |
| Views around the Karwendel |
 |
| Autumn beauty |
Guess where Mike has been recently? Did I hear you say "Karwendel"? You're right!
After our mountain-free summer holiday, Mike was keen to resume his peak-bagging and has now amassed 90 summits this year so far. Considering his goal was originally a mere 50, he is going extremely well. After spending the weekend in the Karwendel with Mike, his companion - a
very fit and sporty guy from work - admitted to being totally exhausted. They'd spent the Saturday night sleeping on a mountain-top at 2740 m before taking a long way home via snowy gullies and sunny ridges.
 |
| Mike R. and Steph in cycling garb |
 |
| Wild tortoise |
The following weekend was my turn to get away - to Majorca again to cycle with my dad. It was still very much summer there. We chalked up a total of 180 km in three days - and in gorgeous weather. I was very satisfied, and Dad was amazed that I'd managed to keep up with him! On our first trip out, we came across a tortoise in the middle of a lane. Stupid place to be if you're a tortoise, really, so I picked it up gently and put it on the grass verge out of harm's way.