 |
| Belka passing her dog test |
 |
| Solaris resort in Sibenik |
 |
| The beautiful Adriatic |
I deserted Mike, Lucy and Belka last Thursday in favour of an English teachers' conference in Croatia that I attended last year for the first time. At roughly the same time that Belka was showing the trainer how obedient she has become, I was presenting a project and lesson idea to about 45 other teachers.
Belka passed her test with flying colours, proving that she can "sit", "lie down" and basically do as she's told when it really counts. And we both have certificates from our weekend: mine for being a conference speaker (for the very first time ever!) and Belka for being a good doggie.
The Croatian coastline is beautiful. The holiday season hasn't yet started at the resort where the 450 other delegates and I were staying, so we were able to fully enjoy the views of the sea in relative peace. If only there had been time to sunbathe! But there were too many interesting talks and workshops to attend and draw inspiration from. It was great.