17 April 2017

Snow and street art

Boys' Easter weekend in Stubaital
Some amazing art
Steph & Mike are in the picture(s)
Mike and Pete's annual Easter ski-tour was slightly curtailed due to poor visibility; they arrived home late Sunday afternoon instead of the planned Monday evening. Which meant that Mike and I had a whole day to do something cultural with. I'd seen that there was an exhibition of street art going on in the Olympic park, so we drove up and were glad to see it was indoors (the weather is not good at the moment).
There were so many different types of street art on show, from train graffiti in New York (or sheer vandalism, as I prefer to think of it) to extremely clever examples of trompe l'oeuil. Every now and again we came across pictures that people were allowed to step into and have their photos taken. We had a lot of fun with that, as you can see in the third image down. It was a great way to spend a few hours on a cold, grey public holiday.

Blog Archive