 |
| My birthday! |
 |
| Beautiful buildings |
 |
| Statues and sculptures |
 |
| Illuminations |
 |
| Zoo inhabitants |
My friend Evelina from Croatia has been trying to persuade me for a few years now to visit her in Zagreb. I didn't want to celebrate my 50th birthday with a party, so I asked Mike if he and I could spend a quiet weekend in Croatia's capital instead.
Evelina and her family were brilliant - so welcoming, and also excellent guides, showing us around and recounting interesting facts about Zagreb's history and sights. Their tips included a visit to the Lipovac retrospective (see the wooden cyclists above) and to the Museum of Broken Relationships. We did an organized walking tour of the city, tasted a selection of Croatian beers, had a trip to the zoo, and went from Christmas market to Christmas market - the city was full of them!
Thank you, Evelina, we had a wonderful time!